Thursday, September 15, 2011

CSA Box #3

At first we didn't know what this was.  John guessed a pomegranate.  Turns out it's a Japanese red kuri squash.  I'm going to have to do some research to figure out how to cook it.
~ 1.5# heirloom tomatoes, Nu Way Farm, CF or Weeping Willow Farm, CF
~ 1.5# white potatoes, Weeping Willow Farm, CF
~ 3# Jonamac apples, Dawson’s Orchards
~ rosemary, Goose Creek Gardens, CNG
~ 1# Asian eggplant, Sunny Meadow Farm, CF or Blue Goose Farm, CNG
~ sweet pepper medley, Blue Goose Farm, CNG or Crighton’s Farm
~ green kale, Clarion River Organics, OG
~ red kuri squash, Clarion River Organics, OG

2 comments:

  1. Never heard of kuri squash. I do know the Japanese like pumpkin. I suppose steaming in the microwave is as good a way as any.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some interesting recipes on the web. Not sure what I'll do, though - I'm working on the Japanese eggplant first.

    ReplyDelete