Friday, June 15, 2012

When was the first time you saw a Charging Station?

We saw this Charging Station a few weeks ago at the Whole Foods in Wexford PA.  I said to John, we should take a picture (only I didn't have a camera with me.  I forgot about the phone camera).  That was the first time I had ever seen a charging station.  The idea is that you can park your electric car at Whole Foods and have it charge while you shop.  Or, you can see that you're running low on your car's charge and think, oh, I can go over to Whole Food and charge it.

Do you suppose these will catch on?  As we migrate more toward electric cars, will stores offer charging stations as a draw for customers?  Will we be seeing these everywhere, like gas stations?

It seemed to be a site worth marking so today while I was at Whole Foods (picking up some grass fed beef for hamburgers tonight) I took a couple of pictures.  I haven't seen another one anywhere else.  I don't think that they have one at our local Whole Foods in Florida.


2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen one yet. I assume it is not free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, Barbara, this station looks to be free. I didn't see any place for a credit card. It's really probably more of a novelty at this point, since there aren't so many electric cars on the road. But you're right, as soon as this catches on you can be sure that it won't be free.

    ReplyDelete