Friday, June 7, 2013

Ladies at lunch and other matters

 Sandy and I ventured downtown today.  There was a rare siting of the sun - it has been overcast and rainy for well over a week now.
 We went to the Norton Art Gallery to see the Doris Duke collection of Islamic art and an exhibit of Annie Lebowitz portraits. 
 We lunched in Palm Beach at Nick and Johnnies (the old Chuck and Harold's) - a good place for a lunch salad, even if they were $17 each.  The ladies at the table next to us were having wine and playing cards!  They were regulars!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day. Hope the weather improves. It is Grand Prix weekend in Montreal (grrrrr) and the weather is cool and rainy. I should go to our art museum and see the exhibits there. I am a member, so it would be for free. I could go to lunch at Il Cortile, the hidden gem of an Italian courtyard restaurant nearby. Very pricey, but a treat once in a blue moon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I were there to go with you Barbara! Museum and lunch are very fun things to do. I like having someone with me to comment on the art as I do. Adds a dimension that I can't see by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish you could join me here, too, beth!

    ReplyDelete