Sunday, September 12, 2010

our apartment

I really love our apartment here in Cranberry Township.  It is like a little cave (or den), tucked in the back of the apartment complex.  I wonder how things will be as the weather gets colder.  John and Jubilee and I are comfortable here.  We eat well, that's for sure.  Today we went over to a Farmer's Market (aka the McGinnis Sisters Grocery store) and loaded up on fresh Pennsylvania apples, homemade breads, Amish cheese, fresh corn, and so on.  John found a discarded bookcase at the dumpster, so we added it to our stuff.
Tomorrow I'm starting an online "contemplative photography" course with Abby of the Arts.  I'm not sure how this is going to go.  I stay pretty busy with the website work that I do during the week, and I want to devote a fair amount of time exploring what creative expression means.  Actually, I'm a little nervous about it.  How is it that I never seem to have enough time, even when I have all the time in the world?  I may start a sub-blog where I explore whatever comes of that course.

2 comments:

  1. I am beginning my Way of the Monk/Path of the Artist course with the Abbey today, too. Already I feel a bit overwhelmed. I am "shoulding" all over myself already! I have an appointment with someone at the Ignatian Centre tomorrow concerning spiritual direction and possible pursuing of the Spiritual Exercises. I may have put too much on my plate at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, Barbara. Already I am "trying" not to "try".

    ReplyDelete