Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

We're staying close to home this weekend.  The weather has definitely turned summer.

We caught a car show in Wexley.  We rented a boat to explore Moraine Lake this morning.  Locked the keys in the car at the Knob Hill Park (that took a while to resolve), and then winded up with a swim at the pool at our apartment complex, which just opened this weekend.  Jubilee got a bath with the hose.

 Hard to believe that cars looked like this in 1950 - the year I was born.
 Moraine Lake State Park.
 Jubilee kept her eye on the shoreline.
An eagle's nest.

4 comments:

  1. I remember cars like that. We had a Hudson Hornet, I think, that looked similar. They were roomy and comfortable cars. Heck, I remember cars having runningboards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those cars (I was born in 1941). My mother had a bidg old Hudson, and then we got a station wagon which had a body of real wood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I remember running boards too! My Dad always had to have a Chrysler - he and his brother had some kind of competition going on, his brother had the Cadillacs. Once, about the mid to late 50s, we got a big blue Chrysler with big fins on the back. I actually felt embarrassed by the car when I got picked up from school on rainy days because all the boys would whistle! I also remember those decorative "holes" on the front fenders. My sister and I would drop rocks down them.

    ReplyDelete