Thursday, November 17, 2011

Almost heaven, West Virginia

 (Hi to Tony in Daytona)
 (These photos are out of order)
 This is the blizzard ...
 The Quality Inn in Summerville WVA (I love it!)
 I think this is SC ... about where I had to turn the A/C off and turn the heat on ...
 Heather and Jon's place, in Fernandina Beach (under construction) ...
 The walk in Fernandina Beach ...
 The beautiful Amelia River as I crossed the bridge!
Am just north of Beckley, now, in a wonderful little Quality Inn in the Whitewater area.  Summerville, I think. 

First came the sleet, then the snow flurries, and then we were in a first class blizzard!  At least it looked that way to me.  Couldn't see more than 20 feet ahead because of the snow.  But it only lasted for about 25 miles, then the sun came out!!   Anyway, I really like this motel - only about 225 miles from Cranberry TWP.  They have converted 4 or 5 rooms into this really neat bar/restaurant, which is quite interesting. Went from hot to cold today, from A/C directly to heat in the car!!!

5 comments:

  1. That was a snowstorm or snow squall. If it were a blizzard, you couldn't see beyond your car's front bumper! Now that is terrifying. In a blizzard you are often directed to a parallel road that is slower moving and where it is safer to stop. Sounds like you made good time. Is that one or two day's travel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure have done a lot of trekking these last couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left home about noon on Wed. and spent the first night in Fernandina Beach FL - that got me to the northernmost point of FL. THen yesterday I left early and drove til it got dark. It is now Friday morning and we are very close (220 miles) to the other home in Cranberry TWP. I like this spot in W. Va. Very cold out this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara - what a Montrealian calls a blizzard might be very different from what a Floridian sees as one ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're Montrealers or Montrealais and we know our blizzards. I hate when they happen.

    ReplyDelete