Wednesday, November 2, 2011

FL update

Jubilee has been enjoying her back porch and back yard.  She is almost always out there, watching things.  Her steroid shot is keeping her relatively itch-free.  By the time it wears off, I suspect we will be heading north again.

We've been getting a lot of rain.  For a few days it seemed like the monsoons.  Somewhat cooler now, though (like low 80s during the day).

Most every other time that Jubilee and I have come to FL, we've had a major problem to deal with.  So far, this time, the only problem (if it can be called that) has been the mealy bugs.  The pantry was full of them.  The only open food in there had been 1/2 box of dog biscuits, and they had been turned into sawdust!

Last Sunday I went to Lynn University with some friends to hear Bishop Thomas Gumbleton speak about saying no to war - War, Never Again.  I was inspired by his clear vision and simple faith.
It was good to be among so many friends whom I have known for a long time.  No need to explain myself, or even talk if I didn't want to.  These people know me.  C.B. Hanif, who used to be the ombudsman for the Palm Beach Post was there, and made a point to come over to talk to me.  (For years, C.B. made sure my letters to the editor were published.) 

Meanwhile, here is one of my FL sky photos, taken on the way to Loblolly for yet another computer appointment.  I have enough work here for a full time job, which is reassuring in a way, much as I complain about being "too busy".

No comments:

Post a Comment