Wednesday, December 28, 2011

snow

 Sledding hill still ready and waiting ...
 What used to be too wet and muddy to walk across is now turning to ice.
 The creek is rushing with all the rainwater, not yet frozen.
 Jubilee seems to know that snow is special, and she delights in it.
 I love the grey lighting with just a hint of sunshine coming through.
 Mud turned to icy slush.
Well, there is some snow today, but not much.  It is only 20 degrees and there was a lot of rain yesterday so that there are shiny black places on the road that made me uneasy with driving.  But I have my new tires on my car, and things seem to be fine.  (No one else seems concerned.)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, beth!!!! I really like them. That limited palette of winter speaks to me. All we got was rain last night. It is just below freezing now (-2C) with wind blowing snow everywhere. Glad to be indoors and not driving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were predicting snow, so I kept looking out the window last night and saw only rain. It wasn't until this morning that I saw the little bit of snow. I think it's warming up tomorrow, so it will all be gone again.

    ReplyDelete