Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Carousel Concert-Thon

For the last couple of months I have been working on the website and graphics for the Carousel Concert-Thon - a fundraiser for a Music Foundation that provides music scholarships.  You can read all about it at the website.  Anyway, the event was today, so after my computer business in Loblolly, I headed over to downtown to see how the graphics looked.  I was a little worried that the 4 x 8 foot banner (above) would not be clear enough, but it looked ok.  Here are some photos from the event.

Who was the first "street musician" that I saw but Jonathan Baran ... and he was singing Bob Dylan!!
  The TV people were there, filming it all ...
 This is my cinch bag design!  I thought it was going to be a little plastic thing, but this is nice!! (The Cardiac Institute is the sponsor who paid for the bags.)
 Volunteers everywhere ...
 More street musicians...
 I hadn't seen the Carousel before.  Nice.  It is made with a "Florida" theme, and draws a lot of children and families ...
 This is my Lineup of Musical Performances Poster that I just did 2 days ago!  Musical performances on 2 stages, all day long.
 Seagulls ...
 Pink Flamingos!
 The Centre Stage ...
 Sound guys ...
 The Carousel Stage ...
Sweet little stickers on the donation bucket ...
Lots of people there enjoying the music and the day.  There's was even a little train going around ...
Big Vince and the Phat Cats!!

2 comments: