Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012


A wonderful Easter dinner with Dawn and Eric and the Cappiello's.  We're getting to be a family!  Dawn prepared a superb feast for us.
 Eric looking a little sleepy ... and Ronny's famous antipaste ...
 Everybody (but me) at the table ...
 A Pizza Rustica (?) that Fran brought from Staten Island ...
Digging in ...
 Ronny filling the homemade cannolli that Chris made ...
 A feast of Easter desserts ...
Finally, a photo with me in it!

The drive home across the farmland of South Florida.  It is very soothing in its simplicity.
 Sun setting out the back window ...

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful to see how your families are blending! Looks like you had a great time. I have made pizza rustica a few times. My recipe uses a springform pan lined with bread dough and a lattice top of bread dough. The filling is a mixture of (among other things) ricotta and spinach and parmesan cheese. It is great cold -- instant sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. My neighbour's not feeling well, so I made a simple roast lamb dinner. The lamb was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had lamb too, Barbara. I tend to be a very simple cook, and don't know if I've ever even attempted to roast a lamb. Maybe once a long time ago. The pizza rustica would make a great leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roasting a leg of lamb is not difficult. Check out Joy of Cooking, if you have a copy. Just use some garlic, rosemary, olive oil, some salt and pepper and it takes care of itself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just recalled, my cookbooks called it torta rustica, not pizza rustica. Looks about the same, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. John says that it is called an "Easter Meat Pie".

    I guess I'm a timid cook. I like to keep things very simple. If I ever cook for Easter, I might try the lamb, but I doubt if I would make the torta rustica. I'll leave that to the better cooks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I had some of that meat pie now!

    ReplyDelete