Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter weekend

We were anxious to get out of town.  John has been working too much, we both have been sick.  So - despite my unrelenting fever and John's unrelenting cough, we headed across the state of Pennsylvania for something different. 

As we approached NYC, our GPS kept trying, as usual, to route us to the Tappan Zee, warning of terrible traffic delays ahead.  We always seem to be hitting the George Washington Bridge during rush hour on a Friday before a weekend holiday.  But we ignored the warnings, and look at this!  Clear sailing across the bridge, through NYC, all the way to New Rochelle!  Who would've imagined that?!
 Ooma took us out to eat at the "Modern Pizzeria", which used to be the quaint little pizza place next to the diner.  Still a good place, just a little fancier.  I had an arugala salad and John and Ooma had pizza.
 The weather was much warmer and sunnier than it has been in Western PA.  Jubilee still doesn't know how to turn around and face the door in an elevator - she faces the back wall until the door opens, then she turns around.
 This was on one of the very few walks we took over to the College of New Rochelle.  I peaked into the window again of the house that intrigues me ...  One of these days I'll have to knock on the door.
 This is the very first blooming daffodil that I've seen!
 After this my fever got so bad that I kind of conked out and just stayed in bed.   John and Ooma and Jubilee went to church and to Easter dinner.  They were supposed to take photos, but this is the only one that they came home with ...
After being anxious to get away, we were actually glad to get home again!  It snowed here some today and is still cold ... but the good news is that we are not so sick and my fever is gone, finally!  I haven't had a fever for 6 days straight, ever.  I don't even think that I was this sick with childhood illnesses.

So, we're back to buds ...
 I believe that this is the real deal swamp cabbage ...
 Some interesting things growing in the curl of a tree trunk ...
 ... and another one a little distance away ....

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you both were under the weather. Glad to hear your fever broke. Thanks to the food poisoning and the cold that followed, I have had a slight fever and it is so good when that is gone. That cough sounds like John had the cold I had. I wanted to blame the cough on my b.p. meds, but that doesn't come with a fever and doesn't respond to cough medicine. So good when it is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fever is gone, but the cough lingers. Seems like everyone has had it this year.

    ReplyDelete