Friday, July 26, 2013

leaves, lilies and sunshine

These days in Western Pennsylvania have been delightfully cool (48 degrees yesterday morning) and mostly sunny.  I've yet to make it up to the pool (too cold!), but doing a lot of walking and generally enjoying the weather.  It feels like summer without the heat!
 I love the way the sunlight filters through the oh-so-green of the trees.  Even the dappled shadows dance and delight.
 I've been looking at these lilies up by the playground.  They too speak of summertime.
 I coaxed Jubilee across this bridge today this morning.  She is careful where she walks now ...
 ... down to the fallen tree ...
 ... where we saw this lovely "weed".

2 comments:

  1. I believe that "weed" is phlox, somehow staking a place for herself in the world.

    Lovely photographs. You capture that dappleness so well. I love the first and second photos. <3

    ReplyDelete