Tuesday, March 5, 2013

looking for spring

A big storm is coming later today, supposedly dumping a few more inches of snow.  Jubilee and I took advantage of the morning sun to walk our favorite trail at the park.  So far, we have seen nothing but winter there. 

 We checked by the stream for signs of swamp cabbage.  Nothing.
 Ice. Water. Leaves. Branches.
But if you look closely at the branches, there are buds!  (near the thorns to protect them from the birds?)
It's nice to have a clear, dry road to walk on.  For today.

2 comments:

  1. We are missing out on the latest snowstorm. We kept having daily flurries and no sunshine for weeks now. It promises to warm up now (i.e. + temps, for a change!). I refused to wear my boots this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what we had been having here - dark flurry days, day after day. And cold. There is so much sun in FL that I welcome the clouds. Now I find myself craving the sun!

    What a freedom it will be to wear regular shoes again!

    ReplyDelete