Tuesday, May 28, 2013

home again, home again, diggety dog

Our Florida home was fine after being away for almost 4 months.  Only thing amiss was the staghorn fern, which had fallen from the tree ...
 As usual, Jubilee's allergies went berserk and she was miserable.  We took her to a dog allergy dermatologist this time and she was put on some steroid pills that have finally kicked in.  They did a test to hopefully find the specific thing she is reacting to in Florida.  If we can pinpoint it, they can make an allergy shot for her!
 Lizard striking a pose ...
 Fish from the canal, who posed for the photo then got thrown back in the water ...
Dennis, John and Caitlin at the Rum Bar, celebrating Dennis's retirement and Caitlin being home.  Caitlin is in the Navy and about to be deployed to South Africa for 9 months!

2 comments:

  1. That's good news about the allergy dermatologist for Jubilee. I hope they find an answer.

    Humphrey had a strange bump under his eye and I took him in to see the vet last week. I guess because I could not come in the afternoon, I got another vet whose petside manner was somewhat lacking. She prescribed an antiobiotic gel which is doing a great job of healing the sore. He evidently scratched himself (or Bogey scratched him during what I call Fight Club). She thinks he is allergic to some food and does not approve of my feeding them a raw diet. I think it is the dry air that gives him the itchies. His diet is very unexciting, same stuff every day. (Humphie is a meat-and-potatoes kind of cat and adjusts slowly to change.) Unless he is allergic to chicken, something he's been eating since before I got him, than I don't know what it could be. Anyway, he is healing nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They always want to blame it on food. Jubilee eats the same thing in PA as in FL. She scratches in FL but not in PA. I tell them that we can rule out food allergies, but they still want me to put her on a special diet. She is doing better now with the scratching, but chewed a hole on her tail last night! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete