Sunday, May 12, 2013

some last PA photos

These are some last PA photos that were on my camera.  We'll be leaving here in less than a week -  Friday morning.

Even though it is COLD today - going down to 34 degrees tonight - springtime is turning into summer.  The buds and blossomings are giving way to the leafing, and the trees are getting greener and fuller every day.

I have my last visit with my young doctor up here tomorrow.  I came here a bald and sickly creature and am leaving feeling much stronger, with a smattering of fuzz on my head.  My doctor here, Michael Krauze MD, is just 33 years old and had the confidence to stop the chemo that I was on and change my drugs.  I wish I could bring him back to FL with me.

We will be going through South Carolina for Rocky's wedding, and then on down into the tropics, just in time for Hurricane season.   They tell me that Florida is hot already!

This is the last budding tree ...

 Some violets ...
 One of the last of the dogwoods ...
 Azaleas are blooming now ...
 ... and rhododendron ...
 The beautiful dogwood blooms giving way to the leafs ...
 A purple dress down at the "Strip" ...
 ... flowers at the strip ...
 Lunch at "Enrico's" ...
... 2 cars, 2 trucks, 2 bridges ...
 dogwood...
 some leafing that reminds me of Matisse ...
 Japanese maple tree.

2 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip home to Florida. Glad you had a great young doctor while in PA. It felt cool here today, too, and windy. It was actually a bit warmer than in PA. The trees are almost in full leaf now. BTW, the tree whose leaves remind you of Matisse are tulip trees, I believe.

    I am trying to get my ducks in a row so I can pick up my new car on Friday. It is another Honda Civic, coffee brown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honda civics are the best, Barbara! Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete