Tuesday, November 30, 2010

winter

So far, I love winter.  The darkness, the cold, all of it - I think that December must be the most mysterious month of all.

Here are some photos from the drive back from Wellsville to Cranberry TWP.  The snow was melted by the time we got south of Erie.  There's no snow at all here now, just rain today, but it's supposed to snow on Wed. and Thurs.

Here are some random leftover shots from Wellsville.
We'll be going to NYC this weekend.  Aunt Mil died and we are going to her funeral.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your Aunt Mil dying. Safe journey and a peaceful putting your Aunt to rest.

    I adore that first photo -- very dramatic!
    Here the first snow that stuck is mostly gone now with the subsequent rain and above freezing temps. A very grey day today, very grey and dark. Winter is so mysterious, the passing of another year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Mil was 94. She was always so warm and welcoming to me ... and she made the best homemade raviolis I have ever had. She was still bowling high scores up until about a year ago.

    I totally agree about the mysteriousness of winter. I am under its spell.

    Very rainy, dark and grey here today as well. Jubilee and I are laying low, watching.

    ReplyDelete