Thursday, June 2, 2011

made it!

I think we got here so early because it was sunny-hot both driving days and my car's air conditioning was barely keeping up even though I ran it at full blast the whole way.  I avoided all but necessary stops because I was afraid to leave Jubilee in the car.  Also, since the car was running and the a/c was sort of working, I wanted to stay in the groove.  As it was, I left Orangeburg SC this morning at 6:45AM and only stopped once for gas and a pee break.  Got home at 2:30PM.  Car ran like a new car other than the a/c being marginal, but that might be just because it is so hot.   When the sun isn't out, it gets quite cold in there. 

The scenery did not seem as interesting as it does at other times of the year, but I got a couple of photos, top (north) to bottom (south).

The Orangeburg Days Inn.  Jubilee and I have stayed here several times, even though it's kind of the pits and they are not especially friendly about dogs, always making us stay in the back in a smoking room.  It's really a trucker's hotel, but it has a great field where I can run Jubilee off of the leash after a long day in the car.
 Fog coming through SC this morning.
 The point of no return, and Florida sky.
Pool looks great!  House looks great! And, for once, the yard looks great!  Interestingly, the new yard people we hired were pulling weeds when we got home (the old yard guy never did that).  Jubilee is happy and has already been for a dip.

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sally and Barbara. It is comforting to know that people are watching out for me!
    Meanwhile, I'm a bit bemused with the weather here. The wind. It's warm, but not really hot, and there is a very strong wind. One of my neighbors told me that during the heat of the day it is hot, but the mornings and evenings have been wrapped in this balmy breeze. Seems a bit more than balmy to me. Not much rain yet, either. Maybe I'm just not yet acclimated, but this seems strange to me.

    ReplyDelete