Tuesday, June 28, 2011

my new car?


This will probably be my new car before the week is out.  A 2008 Toyota Yaris with 36,300 miles on it.  I drove down to Deerfield Beach (just north of Fort Lauderdale) this morning to look at it.  After the Yaris's that I saw last Sunday at an "off-lease" dealership, this one looks great.  It's considerably smaller than the car I have now, but much better gas mileage and I don't need all that extra space.  And it wasn't previously a rental car like the ones at the dealer's.

The guy who was selling it says that his uncle is a dealer, though.  I think he's sort of a dealer himself.  He says that he bought the car from a friend who was getting out of school - first he said law school, then he said medical school.  I think he got the from his dealer uncle.  At any rate, it seems to be a one car owner.  John is going to check out the Carfax tonight (I know all the lingo, now).  Also, they guy can't sell the car until Friday, when he can get another one from his uncle.

He was really interested in my present car - said, wow, it sure looks good for a car with more than 200K miles!  Wanted to know if I wanted to trade?!  I did some finagling, but when he looked it up on his computer, he said he couldn't offer me more than $500 for it.  I still think he wants it.  Anyway, all of this is in the works, and I just might have a new car soon!

Traffic got snarled on I95 on my drive down, so I got off and took US1.  The City Hall of Boca Raton caught my eye ...

3 comments:

  1. It looks good. Hope it is a decent car. I was concerned you would find it too small, but you have evidently figured out it isn't.

    Lovely city hall building! I am fond of the city hall building for the town of Baie d'Urfe near my college. It is a sweet little white building located on the shore of Lake St. Louis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The car looks neat and sensible, tho not too adventuresome. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheap ( or relatively so), good gas mileage, and forces me to simplify what I carry with me. Therein lies the adventure!

    ReplyDelete