Monday, May 28, 2012

Cookout at Jimmy's House

 FA finally arrived and we heard that cousins were invited to a cookout at cousin Jimmy's house.  We were pretty hungry so we found our way to his lovely home and were just in time for hamburgers around the pool.  Mary Lou, Minnie and Merci had driven 16 hours straight from NY so I couldn't complain about my 7 1/2 hours from Pittsburgh.

I saw lightning bugs for the first time in a long time, which left me wondering if they only have lightning bugs in KY.  I don't remember seeing them other places.  Minnie and Merci caught some and put them in a jar (with holes in the top, of course, so that the bugs can breathe) just like we used to do when we were children.

1 comment:

  1. I remember the lightening bugs in my childhood home on Staten Island. They are magical. I sometimes see them here in Canada, but not so often.

    ReplyDelete