Thursday, July 12, 2012

Anjelica, Lavender and Taking it Easy

We headed over to Anjelica for the "Lavendar Festival".  If this little corner of Western and rural NY State is any indication of the rest of the USA, I'd say that we have a very aware and "back to the earth" country.  There is much interest in organic foods, gardening and crafts.  They were selling organic rabbit meat here!  Wonder what Jubilee would think of that?
Back in Wellsville, we took it easy and had fish tacos for dinner, with a glass of cilantro in the middle of the table.  Lime and cilantro are the key to fish tacos!
When it was time to go, Jubilee put up a hard resistance.  There is no place on earth that she loves as much as Wellsville.

2 comments:

  1. Did you buy anything stuffed with dried lavender? Locally, I can buy dried lavender in sachets and dolls and scented lavender water (great for refreshing sheets!). It comes from France, but there is a place somewhere in Quebec that is into lavender products, too. Unfortunately, the place nearest my home closed a while ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there was all that to buy. I didn't have any cash on me, and didn't buy anything at all. Then I think back and wish I had because it is hard to find elsewhere. I'm one of those people who have to think about things, then come back and buy them. Impulsive shopping hasn't served me well.

    ReplyDelete