Thursday, July 19, 2012

mid-summer walks

 These photos are for Eric, who checks this blog every morning at 4:30 AM before he goes to his job at the TV station, and again at 9:30AM, when he gets a break.  I feel amiss that I haven't had anything for him the last few days.
 This is the beginning of our walk.  Jubilee has a little "trick" that she does here.  As I go down this path, she heads off in another direction where she has found an alternate trail.  By the time I get up to the point below, she has already gotten well ahead of me and is coming back to greet me, feeling very clever and proud of herself!
 Some interesting mid-summer sights ...
 Somehow the shadow of leaves on the tree seem ominous or something.  It's always about 10 degrees cooler in these woods than everywhere else.  Sometime when it seems too hot to walk around the apartment complex, we come over here.  Regardless of the weather, though, wecome here at least once a day for the sheer joy and peace of it.  Jubilee always takes a little swim in the creek and none of it bothers her allergies.  She barely scratches at all this summer.  
Meanwhile we are packing up.  This time for sure.  Jubilee and I will head south on Saturday, where I expect (hope) to have some medical problems taken care of.  If John isn't back by September, we'll head back up here.  I'm not sure how long John will be here, or if we will be back, so we're packing the car as full as we can!  Pictures, pottery, and all of my clothes.

2 comments:

  1. Have a safe journey on Saturday and I hope everything goes well with those medical solutions. Those woodsy shots look so cool and peaceful ... I know you will miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Barbara. I have some good books on tape to listen to ... those woods are indeed very special.

    ReplyDelete