Sunday, July 1, 2012

Big Butler Fair - Part 3

There was a special barn for the Clydesdale Horses.  These are big horses and I was a little afraid of them.  I noticed a woman who seemed to have a special fondness for them who would reach her hand into the stalls to stroke them.  She told me that the large horses are especially gentle and peaceful, but you had to respect them because of their size they could step on you and hurt you without meaning to.  I wonder what it is like to have a relationship with one of these animals, if you do, in fact, enter into their gentle way of being.
Horses' tails ...
Human tail ...
Big machines ...
 ... with a super thrasher (or something) on the back.
 the Wild Bull (wonder what that is for) ...
A hot dog house ...
And a Wonder Ware Cookware stand.  Believe it or not, John sold Wonder Ware Cookware when he was 16 years old.  Won a trip to Bermuda because of his outstanding sales.  Unfortunately, he didn't win any Wonder Ware cookware (it is expensive!  And entire set, the man told me, sells for $6000 retail!!).  This salesman talked us into buying a pot at a special, today only, fair price.
So now we have a Wonder Ware Cookware Slow Cooker Pot!

2 comments:

  1. I remember seeing the Anheuser-Busch Clydesdales in a parade in St. Louis back in the day. They are impressive animals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Not having grown up with horses, I am always a little cautious. But I have a cousin who loves horses and has worked with them since she was very young - (she's now about 40). THey truly are the love of her life.

    ReplyDelete