Thursday, October 4, 2012

a Florida afternoon

I'm not sure if this is typical Florida October weather or not - but it is still quite warm, rainy sometime in the day, and muggy!   This afternoon after my daily "radiation" (I call it my afternoon zap), John and I ventured over to the Square Grouper for some local color (or something).  I'm not thrilled with the photos I get from my iPhone, but here they are ...

I don't know why, but the "island music" that they play at these sorts of places annoys me.

2 comments:

  1. Such a different world down in Florida. Here we are surrounded by leaves turning -- gorgeous this year, by the way. Hope your afternoon zap is not so hard to take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very different. Florida is tropical all year round. There are different aspects of Florida, though. THis is the more "tourist-y" version. And there is a boating/fishing culture made up of mostly local natives. There are also wild life areas that are quite mysterious and enchanting.

    The afternoon zap is really nothing - no more than 10 minutes that I lie still on a table and radiation is beamed into my pelvic bone. I feel nothing. The hardest part is remembering at 2:30 to get ready and drive up to the place for the 3PM appointment every day. I have to keep watching the clock. But I only have one more week to go. It seems to be helping.

    ReplyDelete