Sunday, August 21, 2011

Jube's new "do" and other assorted news

Jubilee had a little spruce up over at the Lucky Paws Resort Salon.  It's a fancy place but the prices are reasonable and she looks good.
Lots of good stuff there - blueberry facials, conditioning massages.  I guess it's a girl thing.  I got a box of cookies that Jubilee is especially fond of.
 This is Jubilee from one side (performing tricks for one of those cookies) ...
 ... and this is the other side.  Nice.  (Her allergy problems are much improved here in PA)
Meanwhile John went to another beer festival at the local hangout, The Mad Mex.  It's definitely a guy thing.
This is the list of beers that he had so that Eric can see it and drool.  (Click on the photo, Eric, so that it will get larger and you can read it.)
Then, somehow I got talked into going back to the Mad Mex for a Pig Taco.  Oh my gosh, that dried out dead pig was so disgusting I'm embarrassed even post it to the blog.  As you can see, John is pretty happy about it all.

3 comments:

  1. Jube looks gorgeous in her new cut! Good that you found such a good groomer. It apparently is tougher to find a good cat groomer. I must take Humphrey in for a comb out next week. His fur is getting a bit thick. Maybe he should get a bath, but I am not sure how he would take it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noted no foreign beers. :( The place looks like fun even if the beers are watery! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dunno, Barbara. I don't keep up with the beers.

    I don't know that any animal likes to go to the groomers. I suppose if you start them early and go regularly, they get used to it. Jubilee always seems just a wee bit traumatized by the experience. Not just the bath and combing, but being away from home must be disconcerting for them. Having said all that, I do think that animals feel better when they are clean and brushed - they certainly look better, in our eyes - but that could just be my own projection onto them.

    ReplyDelete