Saturday, August 27, 2011

North Park Bike Adventure

For our first bike adventure, we chose "North Park", a large sprawling park with a designated bike path all the way around a lake.  It's about 10 miles away.  John rigged the bikes on the back of my car with a rack he found in the dumpster.  It worked! (Having engineer husband is handy!)  We have a real bike rack ordered that should be here next week.

This is John all decked out in his new helmet before the ride.
This is me after the ride.  I opted not to buy a bike helmet because I maintain that I am not going to ride my bike in any scary situations (like in heavy traffic or over a cliff).  Besides, we have an extra helmet at home in Florida and what do we need with 3 helmets.  If I get really good and more daring on the bike, I'll get the helmet.
 Anyway, the ride was really fun!  We both say that we'll do this ride at least once every weekend.  There were just enough hills to make it somewhat of a challenging ride, but not enough to make it too difficult.

This is the lake that we went around.  I didn't take any photos riding around because I was too focused on my bike riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment