Sunday, April 3, 2011

roots, rocks and river

We went back up to McConnells Mill today.  It is a challenging hike with so many rocks.  Jubilee thinks she's part goat the way she scampers up and down the rocky hillside.  So different from the surrounding countryside, when you descend the hill you enter a unique world of roots, rock and river.  The water of the Slippery Rock Creek is high now and very green.  Then we went to Moraine State Park for a picnic with some geese.  I love this outside temperature of 30s and 40s.  It's not too cold - just right for hiking.












6 comments:

  1. It is about the same temp here. I even opened the windows for an airing today. I think the boys preferred them closed. Bogey's fur is growing in nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going to have a very flukey warming trend tomorrow - up to the high 60s or 70! But rain all day. I'm looking forward to opening the windows. Jubilee has way too much fur and need to go to the groomers again. Sounds like your boys are Canadian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some very nice nature photos. I especially like the second one -- very impressionistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, Sally. This is one of my favorite hiking parks in the USA. I'm glad I've been able to experience it during the different seasons of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The magic of moderate winter weather is that you can be active outdoors and not break a sweat (unless you are shoveling snow, that is!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I broke a sweat climbing up that hill, Larry :-)

    ReplyDelete