Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter past and present

Not an Easter goes by that we don't remember the wonderful "Easter at Axel's" when we were in Germany in 2007 with our friends, Hartwig and Margret.  Hartwig is one of the very few readers of this blog, so I want to remind him of  how much we treasure and remember that Easter with his family.

The Photos from Easter at Axel's are HERE.

A description of the 2007 Easter Sunday, is HERE.  We saw the sun rise in Prague, then drove the autobahn at record speeds back to Parsdorf so that we wouldn't be late for Easter dinner at Axel's, where we blessed the food chanting the German kindergarten grace:

Piep piep piep
Wir haben uns alle lieb! (we all love each other)
Bon Apetit!


Our friends and their children and grandchildren made this a very special day for us.

2 comments:

  1. Your photos brought back lovely memories of my own time in Deutschland. I looked at the pictures of Garmisch because I have been there twice and really love the place. I stayed at a bed and breakfast (Zimmer frei) by that river that runs through the town. I stayed there twice, actually. On the other side of that river, not far from the main Platz in Garmisch where the Hof is located, is an alpine restaurant. I had the most glorious of meals there. I couldn't eat for another day! I have a strong urge to return building in me! Happy Easter! Frohe Ostern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at those photos again, too, Barbara, with a lot of nostalgia. The river that ran through Garmisch was so charming. I would like to stay a month there. We had the very best appel strudel, bar none, that can be had in the world. I believe that I mention the restaurant in the blog, and that it is on the main square. I will have to read the blog again!

    ReplyDelete