Friday, July 1, 2011

a changing of guard

I picked up the new car this morning.  It was sad to let the old one go.  Despite all my complaining about it, it has been a good car for the last 17 years.  Even when I had trouble, there were always angels lurking to help out.  Don't ask about the Michigan dealer plates.  You just never know about these people who pose as "private" owners.  I should get the Florida title in a week.

I accidentally left my garage door opener in the old car.  Bummer.  The private owner/dealer says that he'll mail it to me.  We'll see -- he said a lot of things that were strange.

Anyway, I'm happy with the new little car which looks a lot like the old one - a silver bullet.  I saw the original owner's title - an Arab sounding name, from New York.  Maybe that's the med student.  Going to get some extra keys made before I lose it!

3 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well with your new Toyota. Do have it checked out at a good garage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Enjoy your new travels and adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so far so good. Still haven't gotten extra keys, though. It seems I have to go to the Toyota dealer and then I have to wait awhile for them to come. Makes be a bit paranoid only having one key.

    I guess I'll have to let BJ check it out before hitting the highways.

    ReplyDelete