Saturday, July 16, 2011

one more time

One more time Jubilee and I made our trek north.  Below are the random photos from the trip, top to bottom is south to north.

This is the Florida morning sky the day we left (Thursday).
 And this was our first stop, the St. Lucie rest area.  I had never stopped at this one before and was surprised at how nice it was - small, shady and not crowded.
 We passed the point of no return at Daytona and I waved to my friend, Tony.
Typical fare at the gas stations.  I brought fruit, bread and cheese so we didn't need to buy food.  My Yaris ran like a little top even though it only holds only 10 gallons of gas, I think it made up for it with the better gas mileage.  A/C was so cold I had to turn it down!
Must be Georgia!
Stopped for gas in an area called The Liberty Trail. Looks like it could be interesting.

 Overcast, hazy (even smokey - fires?) as we made our way into South Carolina.
 We did go through North Carolina (even spent the night there) but I guess I was too tired to take a picture.

Doesn't this guy look like a Civil War general or something?



 Made it back to the cave by mid afternoon on Friday.  Saturday morning we went to the Cranberry TWP Farmer's Market and got good stuff.  It's delightfully summer here.  Not hot, not humid.

4 comments:

  1. Glad your trip was safe and even enjoyable! Who or what is Tony?

    If you can get cherries cheaply, I'll have to send you my clafouti recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Barbara. Tony is a fine young man serving a life sentence at the Tomoka Correctional Institute in Daytona. He will be eligible for parole, though, in 3 or 4 years. He has had a PERFECT prison record for the last 18 years so keep your fingers crossed that he is granted parole. It is a terribly harsh sentence for being part of an armed robbery when he was 19 years old. Anyway, I tell him that I wave to him every time I pass, and even send him the photo from the blog, so he will be pleased that you asked about him.

    I have a lot of cherries, though I don't think that they were cheap. Send the clafouti recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The civil war general looks like my old friend Colonel Sanders.

    My best to Tony. I've been wondering how he was doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're remembering Taylor (Wells), Sally. Taylor is still in prison, but is also hoping for parole in a few years. Tony (Anthony Mohammed) was actually one of Taylor's co-defendents, more involved in the burglary than Taylor, and has shown much remorse and maturity during his years in prison. Both deserve to live again among us as free men.

    ReplyDelete