Thursday, July 28, 2011

this and that, gearing up for a drive to KY

Some photos from the week.  We're leaving for Bardstown KY this weekend for Aunt Louise's 97th birthday party and the 25th Jubilee celebration of Harry Bill's ordination.  We are living now in a place that is exactly half way between where John grew up and where I grew up.

We made it to Aunt Louise's 94th party HERE, and to the 95th HERE.  (We missed the 96th, last summer).  We were at Harry Bill's ordination 25 years ago.  So it will be a fun weekend.  I'll take lots of pictures.
 Seeing more wildflowers this past week.
 (this is the sweet little bathroom at the Knob Hill Park.  It's closed during the winter.)
Why it's called "the woods"!

3 comments:

  1. I'll sure look forward to the pictures about Kentucky. I've really been getting into researching my Kentucky Clay ancestry, and I'm feeling nostalgic for experiences in my home state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take KY photos, Sally. You grew up around Winchester, right? Or Lexington? There is a home in Bardstown, the Henry Clay home. I haven't been there in years, but maybe I'll stop by on Sunday to get a photo for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Beth. My hometown is Mt. Sterling. My sisters live in Lexington.

    ReplyDelete