Sunday, February 24, 2013

buds! 2013

It is still quite cold, dark and wintry, with snow and flurrying every day.  The swamp cabbages over at the park are not making much progress.  But I do notice that there are 3 plants now, instead of 2, popping through the ground.  That's all that is going on over at the park that I can see.
Meanwhile, back here at the apartment complex, there are all sorts of things shooting up.  These must be daffodils ...
And, when did the trees and bushes start all this budding??  It happened overnight.  Today is the first day that I noticed all this.
 Amazing!!  Spring really must be coming!

2 comments:

  1. Before the daffodils come the crocuses. They are the earliest sign of Spring around here, breaking through the snow. We are not so far advanced here. Grumble, grumble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes, they are probably crocuses. I'll keep an eye on them. Seems early for all of this to me.

    ReplyDelete