Monday, February 18, 2013

more snow and cold

It was 7 degrees when Jubilee and I went out this morning.  It snows off and on, sometimes heavily, and then the sun comes out! 
 Sometimes I think that Jubilee is somewhat depressed up here.  She is an apartment dog now, and does not have her easy (and constant) access to outside and her own yard.  She also doesn't scratch all the time.  She sleeps a lot.  She is scared of the other dogs and hesitant to go for walks around the apartment complex.  Her eyesight, which is very poor anyway because of her cataracts, seems especially problematic for her in the bright snow.
 She's better at the park, but sometimes gets disoriented and lost.
Looks like there was some activity on the sledding hill yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. We had a lovely, soft snowfall last night into this morning. It was accompanied by wind which makes shovelling a pain. It is only a couple of inches or so -- much worse elsewhere, I hear. My art class had to be cancelled. I should go out soon to do some necessary shopping. I am procrastinating, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't had much snow - an inch or 2 every day or 2 - but today felt the coldest I think I've felt since we were in Iceland! The temperature wasn't so low, I think it was 15F or something - but felt so cold. After I took Jubilee for a walk I went to the YMCA for a swim and a sit in the sauna. That really warmed me up!

    ReplyDelete