Thursday, December 9, 2010

the "teens"

It was somewhere around 13 degrees this morning when Jubilee and I went for a walk.  This is a new low for us, and it looks like temperatures will be dipping into the teens and lower for the next week.  Other than my hands that get cold unless I put them in my pocket - I still only have cheap gloves - I really don't notice that it is colder than the 20s.  Of course, I've got on my long underwear, my fleece sweater, and my down jacket.

The creek at the park is a bit more frozen today than it was yesterday.  Jubilee made it across without breaking the ice.  

More photos on the Flickr site.

3 comments:

  1. It was a tad warmer here, 16 F, I believe. No long underwear, just a very warm jacket, warm boots, and a hat over my gym clothes, i.e. t-shirt and leggings. Ski gloves are good, by the way. Mittens are warmer than gloves of any sort, but awkward.

    I saw doggie mukluks (I think they called them Mukpups) at my local petstore. If you email Jube's size (I guess the dimensions of his paws), I can pick some up for you. We do winter good here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what size paw Jubilee has??? Let me look in the local pet store first, Barbara. I know that they had a lot of Halloween costumes for pets, and if they had those surely the must have those doggie mukluks! She's not one who likes to wear clothes, though.

    Thanks, Sally. I liked that photo too, have no idea what it is.

    ReplyDelete