Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Winter Park Walk

There was a break in the flurries this morning, so Jubilee and I headed over to the park.  We were the only ones there, even though it looked like the hill had seen some sledding over the past few days.  Here's a close-up of the sign:
Walking was a little tricky in spots, and Jubilee discovered that the ice in the creek is not fully frozen.  Her paws froze up after walking through the snow.  It was about 20 degrees or less, but no wind, so it wasn't so cold.



Jubilee looks kind of wolf-y in the snow, doesn't she?  She certainly seems to inherently know about winter, like it's her natural habitat.

I discovered that you have to scrape the ice off of the gas tank door if you want it to open.

6 comments:

  1. Fascinating photos, especially the ones framed oddly through--windows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. not sure what you mean by windows, Sally. It all looks strange to me, I think, because I haven't been in this kind of environment for awhile. I find myself more drawn to the big picture than the weeds. In a way, the trees and all look so much like weeds now. Something has opened up and you can see the raw-ness of things better (or something like that!)

    I just saw a photo of a dog in boots. They looked like Uggs. I think Jubilee might need some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some dogs wear boots around here because the grit and salt on the sidewalks damage their paws. Looks like wet snow. Also looks a bit calligraphic! ;) Dogs do love snow. It is an invitation to play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jubilee looks like she is having so much fun in the snow! When I took Reighn up to NY last Christmas I used baby slipper/socks on her paws when she went outside because the salt seemed to be bothering her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, the playfulness of dogs!

    I think I might have to put some of those baby socks on Jube, Dawn. They use a lot of salt around here. THANKS for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. - Yes, they do look kind of calligraphic, don't they? I kind of like the ones where there is just one color - like the red of Jubilee or the green of something - amidst all the black and white.

    ReplyDelete