Sunday, October 3, 2010

Professor Starbird

This is Professor Starbird, our Calculus Teacher.  Yes, John and I are taking Calculus (again), via a set of classes on DVDs that we purchased from the Learning Company.  John saw them advertised in the Wall Street Journal and suggested that we do this.  So far, we're not lost.  Great for watching on a rainy Sunday morning.  It may take us all winter to make it through the 20 or more lessons.

The old laptop, which is not good for much else, is serving as a DVD player.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting that you two would take a course in Calculus over again. Mind you, Calculus is so much fun. I was surprised how much of it I remembered when I looked at the Cal tests one of my colleagues gave the Honours Science kids. I think Integral Calculus was my best math course, although I did enjoy Differential Equations, too. I majored in Chem so that I could take a number of math courses. Majoring in math would not allow me to take many Chem courses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved any kind of Math, Barbara. It was the one subject that I could ace without much effort. I should have been a math teacher - though I did love organic chemistry as well. I am thoroughly enjoying this 2nd venture into calculus. The very idea that time (and motion) cannot be held still, and yet we try to do it in order to observe!

    ReplyDelete