Sunday, January 29, 2012

bowens island

Bowens Island - Oyster place where we met Michael, Jenny, Jack, Luke and Ryan for dinner.  Out on James Island (I think) on the way to Folly Beach, one of the 10 "best" dives in America (as rated by some magazine). Somewhat of a contrast to our lunch place
 Mounds of oyster shells ...
 The rest rooms ...
 Fisherman ...
 Garden growing on the roof of the rest rooms ...  Note mounds of oyster shells ...
 Basement room where you had to go pick up your trays of steamed oysters ...
 Graffiti in the bathroom ...
 Cleaning the oysters just brought in (above).  The complex (below)
 Small fish to be thrown back ...
 Spotted Perch ...
 Fishing ...
 Brand new 4 week old baby Ryan (above); Jack and Luke (below).

2 comments:

  1. Oysters are not my thing. Heck, I've eaten raw squid, raw pork, etc. but oysters only on a dare. I've eaten one, but I forget just why. ;) Looks like a colourful, fun place, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's plenty of other (mostly fried) stuff, Barbara. I didn't see anything that looked like a fresh vegetable, though.

    ReplyDelete