Friday, January 27, 2012

to the beach and back

 Jubilee didn't waste any time going into the surf.  Beach was mostly deserted, even though it is in the high 60s today.
 Coming home ...
 Trees are dark and winding here ...
 ... dripping with Spanish moss.
 FAs door ...
 Over to Fresh Fields to get some food ...
 Frogs are still there, but these look like new ones to me ...
 It is a colorful place with expensive stuff ...
 This is the Low Country, so mysteriously beautiful.  When I am here I feel myself caught in a shadow of the past.  The black workers (in the stores, at the gates, in the gardens) smile with radiant warmth, the shoppers and beach walkers so gently (and genuinely?) friendly, while the sun and landscape carry it all with both grace and a dark unknown.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have landed back home. Glad you had a safe trip. What a different landscape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. not quite, Barbara. I am visiting with my sister in Kiawah Island S.C. for a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is beautiful here, Sally. Hard not to get good pictures.

    ReplyDelete