Sunday, January 15, 2012

icicle beards, street musicians, dried fish, this and that

 Watching the snow ...
 Bright, sunny and 9 degrees (but it didn't feel cold).
 icicle beard ...
 a closer look ...
 at the "strip" in PGH ...
 Street musicians ...
 The sign says "do not rip the fish"!!  I surely wouldn't rip it with that "guard" standing by ...
 This is the dried fish - "Baccala" - that they sell in the Italian Market on the strip.  I've found out that you have to soak it and then beat it into a pulp.  Not sure what to do after that ... [UPDATE: Here is a recipe for Christmas Eve Baccala.  Maybe I'll try it next Christmas.]
 Xmas tree still up, ice skater go around and around.  John said he would rent skates for me ... my experience with ice skating is pretty bleak ...

No comments:

Post a Comment