Tuesday, January 3, 2012

winter

 It's definitely winter now.  Cars routinely need the snow and ice cleared off of them, and my car is starting to look like one of those dirty winter cars.  14 degrees now, going down to 7 tonight.  There are little hints of sunshine through the day, but it can turn into a blizzard in a moment's notice.  I left this morning to go to my Centering Prayer group and the grocery and it looked like it was going to be one of those sunny winter days.  But I drove home through a blizzard!   In Florida, a few clouds come along for a few minutes, but it is mostly sunny.  Here, a little sunshine can come along, but it's mostly cloudy. 
The bonsai on the porch is in its dormant stage, but I'm not sure how long we can leave it out there.

2 comments:

  1. When I lived in Rochester, I noticed how cloudy the winters were. It must be proximity to the Great Lakes. Here I love the bright blue skies on sunny winter days. It sparkles. When the clouds return, a certain pewter-grey shade of cloud, then snowfall is coming. I believe we expect some tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice that the NYC area is brighter too ( and a little warmer than here). My cousin says that the reflection of the sun off the water makes things "lighter" there.

    ReplyDelete