Saturday, January 21, 2012

Jimmy Wan's

Jimmy Wan's is by far, my favorite and my pick for the best restaurant in Cranberry TWP.  We've been there several times and have never been disappointed.  It is the best in Chinese (and Asian) food that I have ever had, anywhere.  So, to celebrate the Chinese New Year, we went there again tonight with some friends.

 This is Jimmy Wan himself, who always comes to every table to greet the guests and make sure that everyone is happy and well cared for.  I love his humble demeanor.
 Last week when we were there we noticed that the Chinese (Westinghouse) engineers at the table next to us were eating food that was not on the regular menu, so tonight Jimmy let us order from the "Chinese" menu.
 John's friend, Jerry (from the Philippines) was most familiar with the food so he took the lead in ordering ...  These are the lobster dumplings.  Very yummy.
 This is another kind of dumpling, but I forget what it was.
 I had a huge bowl of noodles and chicken and vegetables, but my very favorite part of the meal were these "Snow Pea Greens" ... cooked with oil and garlic, they were sort of like a spinach or chard, but much, much better.
 We came away feeling very well fed, but not at all stuffed.  A wonderful restaurant.

2 comments: