Friday, July 2, 2010

almost heaven, West Virginia!

No photos today, no time.  Just drive, drive, drive. 

Jubilee and I were on the road by 7AM, got a big Starbuck’s Latte and an egg salad sandwich for lunch.  We joined rush hour going into Jacksonville, and then crossed the Florida line (always an accomplishment!).  I am charmed by the low country of Georgia and South Carolina (even though I95 is still under a lot of construction through Georgia).  We turned west at Charleston, and then the day was made up mostly of SC and NC.  Finally, we saw in the distance, and then made our way into the mountains of southwestern Virginia. 

Tonight we are just into West Virginia.  Jubilee and I split an apple pecan chicken salad from Wendy’s for supper.  She got most of the chicken.  They’re pretty good. 

I’m not sure if we are on the right road or not, but we’re still heading north.  We should meet up with John sometime tomorrow in Pittsburgh.  The funny thing is that though my cell phone works fine with everybody else, for some reason I can’t call John.  It keeps disconnecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment