Tuesday, July 13, 2010

update

I have to admit that I’m in a bit of a funk.  Maybe it is a coming down from the high energy of leaving home, traveling, getting here. 

John is working a lot of overtime - long hours both Saturday and Sunday of last weekend - so Jubilee and I are left with time on our hands.  I wonder just what it is that we’re supposed to be doing.  We take a lot of walks.  It takes me some time to get comfortable doing nothing, seeing what comes. 

As it is, the 1-bedroom apartment that we’re supposed to move into in August is right on the road, and it seems too noisy to me, especially since I like to keep the windows open.  I hate to lose the deposit I have on it, but I’m going to look at another apartment complex today to see if I can’t find a quieter place.  We’re still not sure how long John will be here.  Maybe as long as April, but you never know about these contract jobs.  That’s why they’re contract - they use you while they need you, and let you go when the work is done (or the money runs out or gets held up).  There are no guarantees.  The new complex requires a 7 month lease, instead of the 6 month one that is required here.    If we have to leave sooner we have to find someone to sublet the apartment, or eat the unused months.

Anyway, I’m getting out and getting some photos today!

3 comments:

  1. It's understandable that you feel kind of funky with all the hassle you have to go through to get a suitable apartment for an unknown amount of time. Ii hope you meet some people an/or dogs to keep you company.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things settle down soon for you, beth. Uncertainty creates a great deal of stress and we tolerate it less as we get older, I find. May your day turn out to be a pleasantly surprising one, serendipity all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sally and Barbara! Nice to have y'all here to pull me out of my funk.

    ReplyDelete