Monday, July 5, 2010

McConnells Mill State Park

We got so frustrated with the search for temporary housing - one place was not open today, the other 2 don't have anything available until August - that we went for a hike!  I knew of a place not too far from here - McConnells Mill State Park - so that's where we went.   My maternal grandfather - William Duffield Queen - owned a mill in Loretto, Ky in the early 1900s.  This must be like what he had.


 We saw on a bank sign that it was 100 degrees today; Jubilee and I must have brought the heat with us.  But the hike was almost all in the shade and Jubilee was able to take a few dips in the creek even though swimming was not allowed.  It felt good to sweat and walk, a lot preferable to doing 30 minutes on a machine at the gym.


Tomorrow I'm hitting the streets early to see if I can't find a place so that we can move out of the motel.

4 comments:

  1. It's great to be in touch with your latest adventure, Beth. Good luck finding a satisfactory place to live today! Meanwhile, back to our latest Scrabble game. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least I have a wireless connection in the motel, Sally - otherwise Jubilee and I would have to watch TV!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heaven forbid! It's good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice photos: covered bridges and mills and humans and doggie -

    ReplyDelete