Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Freedom Road



This is my first attempt to use the video feature on my camera.  It is also a test to see just how loud the sound of the road traffic comes through the camera microphone.

Just before I did this video I talked to a couple who live a few doors down on the road side.  They didn't know what I was talking about!  They said that you don't notice the traffic at all with the doors closed, and even with them open, you get so used to it that you don't hear it.

Maybe I'm just over-reacting, and need to move on?  Note that those leaves, whatever noise buffer that they offer now, are going to fall.

4 comments:

  1. That's pretty annoying to me. I bet the smell of exhaust can be bothersome as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could both hear and see the traffic. Probably you would get somewhat used to it, and you would have a heightened enjoyment of the quiet you find while looking for weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the community here, it feels right. I think that may outweigh my issue with the traffic, but I'm going to keep at the office to see if another apartment doesn't become available before August. Thanks for your feedback and interest, Sally and Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. It was fun doing that video. I may have to experiment with that some more!

    ReplyDelete