Monday, September 20, 2010

Autumn Leaf Update

I took these photos tonight while taking Jubilee for a walk around the apartment complex.  Autumn is happening so much sooner here than it did when we were in Missouri two years ago.  Summer lasted well into October there. 

There is a lot of yellow around.  I have been admiring this all yellow tree for awhile.  I think the lighting was not right, tonight, though, and I should take it again when the sun is up.


And then there is this red tree ...


These next photos show the overall way that the color is changing the landscape.

2 comments:

  1. I love to see the autumn colours when the trees were recently wet with rain. It is almost iridescent. The peak of colour may be hitting this weekend in the Laurentians north of Montreal. Usually, by the second week in October here in Montreal, it is all over. Autumn seems well advanced in Cranberry Township. My kittehs are snuggling a bit more and finding spots near the heater to snooze. It should be around 70 F here tomorrow -- lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks to me like the next 2-3 weeks are going to be dramatic. It can still be quite warm during the day here - I think in 80s this week - but the nights are definitely cold. Going to have to get my coat out of the back of the car soon.

    We haven't had to use the heater yet. There is central (electric) heat in this apartment, but a gas fireplace as well. The neighbors tell me that the fireplace can keep the whole place toasty. Jubilee has never experienced a fireplace, so that should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete