Thursday, September 16, 2010

turtle

I wasn't even going to take my camera with me today.  It is a wonderfully dark and rainy morning (balm for the soul of us introverts).  But then I would have not gotten a photo of this turtle!  He didn't venture his head out once he knew that Jubilee was around.  His markings remind me of something from South American Indian art.

These morning walks through the woods are changing Jubilee.  Running freely and exploring wherever she wants is making her bolder, more cocky.  Harder to walk on a leash.  Maybe it's all those wild smells.

2 comments:

  1. Cool picture. Was that one of the wild smells?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most definitely. Jubilee, by nature, is skittish and cautious. She was curious, but didn't pursue when I called her off.

    ReplyDelete