Tuesday, January 11, 2011

art

John and I have different tendencies when it comes to art.  I like the contemporary stuff and he heads over to the Egyptians.  Either way, I find art both fascinating and fun.  I like to let it do its thing.  But it is best to go to a museum with someone else.  They always poke you to look at something that you would otherwise miss.

These are some of the things from the Carnegie Museum that I happened to take a picture of - and I'm not real sure why I took the photos.  Some of the things I looked at the longest, I didn't photo.

Carving on a whale vertabra





2 comments:

  1. re: apr.27.1978
    how did it get past us, the date? 01/11/11

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noted it, tiny, but didn't say anything about it. Guess I'm focused on 9.10.11 (the date that our son is getting married).

    As for the apr.27.1978 ... I noted it because apr 27 is our wedding anniversary, only it was apr.17.1973 ... I though it was an interesting way to "showcase" a date in time.

    ReplyDelete