Friday, January 14, 2011

Driving south, again (top to bottom)

Left Cranberry TWP about 8 this morning in snow.  The biggest problem was getting the defogger working in the car.  Had to stop to get more windshield wiper fluid in WV.  Side roads in West Virginia were all snow but the highway was fine.  Sun most of the day.  An extra hour of daylight in the evening this far south.  Still another 500 miles to go.
My car is ready!

Last look at Berkley Manor


Leaving Berkley Manor

W. PA

W. PA

WV

WV

WV

WV

WV

WV

WV

Southwestern VA

Southwestern VA

Southwestern VA

Southwestern VA

Western North Carolina

Western South Carolina

4 comments:

  1. You sure made tracks! I am so relieved that the highways were so open. The snow appears to be behind you now. Safe trip home to Florida!

    P.S. Oh yes, you can be blind without windshield wiper fluid! I am glad you were able to top it up in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a long, long ride. I hope that soon you will make it safely to Florida.

    This week I signed up for Ancestry.com, and I have been constructing and revising my family tree, so far back to the 1700's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the operator not the car. To operate a Toyota defroster correctly you have to push the AC button and the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes. Makes perfect sense, turn the AC on when it's cold outside!

    ReplyDelete