Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Great Thaw

This is the sledding hill at Knob Hill Park
John on 60th birthday
We hadn't seen the ground since Thanksgiving and almost forgot about the colors.  Yesterday and today things warmed up and all the snow is gone.  It's so warm (in the 50's) that we opened the window!  No more hats or gloves.  I know that all you Florida people don't believe it, but it really feels warm - delightful!

John turned 60 years old on New Year's Day and caught up with me.  It's raining today so we're going to see a movie and then look for calimari.

Supposed to get cold again tomorrow.  Happy New Year 2011! 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to John and Happy New Year to you both! It is 5 Celsius today (41 D) -- we call that balmy here! It will return to more seasonal weather this week, but no snow for a while.

    Another calamari fan! I am anxious to return to a place in Ste Anne de Bellevue (where my college was located, on the picturesque west end of Montreal island) where I remember having a delicious lunch of calamari last summer. I hope you find some great restaurant to celebrate the New Year and John's birthday in! Sixty is a milestone, as I recall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should be 41 F. D for defrost?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Barbara. We did find that calamari, and I figured that D was for the temp gauge other than Celsius and not the one based on absolute zero. Defrost sounds good! I noticed a bank sign that said 53 degrees today, and you really have to look for the little piles of snow that remain.

    I will remember to go to Ste Anne De Bellevue the next time we are in Montreal.

    ReplyDelete