Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ready or not - not

 
I really was planning to leave today.  Yes, there is a lot of snow and yes it is still snowing.  But this is the way life is in the North.  Supposedly the roads are clear, or sort of.

My problem is West Virginia, which I think is a challenge to drive even in the best of conditions.  I have to drive the mountains down to Beckley.  There is a winter storm warning in Beckley until noon today with 100% chance of 6-10 inches of new snow.  I don't know quite how to interpret all of this, but the map of the WV highway conditions scared me.  Route 19, which I have to travel, is dark yellow, which according to the legend reads "severe conditions".  The orange land that it goes through reads "chains required".

So, I'm waiting until tomorrow.  Hopefully I will solve our medical insurance problem today, and will accomplish something with all this waiting around.

Meanwhile, walking Jubilee in the deeper snow is a challenge.  The weatherman on TV says it's 15 inches.  Jubilee seems to think that there is something down under the snow that she needs to investigate, like mice or something.  Maybe there is.

But, tomorrow for sure!  At some point, I just have to jump.

2 comments:

  1. Use your common sense and stop along the way if it looks dicey. Godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As we say in Florida, "Let it snow. Let it snow. Let it snow."

    ReplyDelete